The gentlemen's palsy, ruin from gambling. (Elizabeth's
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Palsy from Fact Monster:
- paralysis - paralysis paralysis or palsy, complete loss or impairment of the ability to use voluntary muscles, ...
- palsy - palsy: palsy: see paralysis.
- cerebral palsy - cerebral palsy cerebral palsy , disability caused by brain damage before or during birth or in the ...
- Aeneas, in the Bible - Aeneas Aeneas , palsied man whom Peter cured in the Acts of the Apostles.
- ataxia - ataxia ataxia , lack of coordination of the voluntary muscles resulting in irregular movements of ...