A pass or A common pass. An ordinary degree, without
honours. Where a person is allowed to pass up the senate-house to his
degree without being “plucked.” (See Pluck.)
Well to pass.
Well to do. Here “pass” is the synonym of fare
to go or pass). Shakespeare has the expression, “How goes
How fares it, how passes it?
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Pass from Fact Monster:
- pass - pass pass, opening or way by which a natural or artificial barrier can be crossed. The term pass is ...
- Bolan Pass - Bolan Pass Bolan Pass or Bholan Pass, gap in the central Brahui Range, W Pakistan; c.60 mi (100 km) ...
- Bholan Pass - Bholan Pass Bholan Pass, Pakistan: see Bolan Pass.
- Poncha Pass - Poncha Pass Poncha Pass , 9,012 ft (2,747 m) high, central Colo., in the northern tip of the Sangre ...
- Uspallata Pass - Uspallata Pass Uspallata Pass , c.12,500 ft (3,810 m) high, over the Andes between Mendoza, ...