Major-General John Charles Fremont, who conducted four
expeditions across the Rocky Mountains. (1842).
in Fenimore Cooper's five novels, is Natty Bumppo, called the
Pathfinder, the Deerslayer, the Hawkeye, and the Trapper. (See
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Pathfinder from Fact Monster:
- North Platte project - North Platte project North Platte project, unit of the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, in the North ...
- Barton Warren Stone - Stone, Barton Warren Stone, Barton Warren, 1772–1844, American clergyman of Kentucky. With ...
- Sojourner - Biography of Sojourner, The first rolling robot to land on Mars
- This Day in History: July 4 - July 4 1776 The U.S. declared independence from Great Britain. 1826 Former presidents John Adams ...
- Oswego, city, United States - Oswego Oswego , city (1990 pop. 19,195), seat of Oswego co., N central N.Y., on Lake Ontario and ...