(A). The female is larger than the male, as is the case
with most birds of prey. The female is the falcon of falconers,
and the male the tercel. It is called peregrine from its
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Peregrine Falcon from Fact Monster:
- falcon - falcon falcon, common name for members of the Falconidae, a heterogeneous family of long-winged ...
- peregrine falcon - peregrine falcon: peregrine falcon: see falcon.
- Animal Hall of Fame - Animal Hall of Fame Biggest Land mammal: African elephants weigh up to 14,000 pounds and can eat as ...
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park - Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, 30,300 acres ...
- Animal Hall of Fame Slideshows - Animal hall of fame slideshow including biggest, smallest, fastest, and meanest.|The following slideshows illustrate the biggest, smallest, meanest, and fastest animals on Earth