The sun or sun-god. In Greek mythology Apollo is called
Phoebos (the sun-god), from the Greek verb phao (to shine).
“The rays divine of vernal Phoebus shine.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Phoebus from Fact Monster:
- Apollo - Apollo Apollo , in Greek religion and mythology, one of the most important Olympian gods, concerned ...
- Phoebus - Phoebus Phoebus or Phoebus Apollo:see Apollo.
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Starring Tom Hulce, Demi Moore, Kevin Kline, Jason Alexander, Bill Fagerbakke
- Jerome Bayard CLARK - CLARK, Jerome Bayard (1882—1959) CLARK, Jerome Bayard, a Representative from North Carolina; ...
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Accomplishments and Influence - Accomplishments and Influence In all his positions as choir director, Bach composed sacred ...