An immoral sect of fanatics in the 15th century; so called
from Picard of Flanders, their founder, who called himself the New
Adam, and tried to introduce the custom of living nude, like Adam in
You are as hot-headed as a Picard.
This is a French expression, and is tantamount to our “Peppery as a
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Picards from Fact Monster:
- Edmond Picard - Picard, Edmond Picard, Edmond , 1836–1924, Belgian jurist and author. A brilliant lawyer, he ...
- Jean Picard - Picard, Jean Picard, Jean, 1620–82, French astronomer, noted for having made the first ...
- Botswana: Bibliography - Bibliography See Z. Cervenka, Republic of Botswana (1970); A. Sillery, Botswana (1974); J. M. ...
- Patrick Stewart - Patrick Stewart actor, director Born: 7/13/1940 Birthplace: Mirfield, England Before joining the ...
- Patrick Stewart - Biography of Patrick Stewart, Star Trek's Captain Jean-Luc Picard