London is famous for its Constables, Turners, Landseers,
Gainsboroughs, etc. Madrid for its Murillos, Van Dycks, Da
Vincis, Rubenses, etc.
for its Raphael, Titian, and Correggio. Amsterdam for its
for its Italian masters.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Picture Galleries from Fact Monster:
- Chatsworth - Chatsworth Chatsworth, estate, Derbyshire, central England, near Chesterfield. It is the seat of ...
- Sir John Soane - Soane, Sir John Soane, Sir John , 1753–1837, English architect. After studying with George ...
- Odessa, city, Ukraine - Odessa Odessa , Ukr. Odesa, city (1989 pop. 1,115,000), capital of Odessa region, in Ukraine, a ...
- Milan, city, Italy: Points of Interest - Points of Interest The most striking feature of the city is the Duomo, the large, white-marble ...
- Naples, city, Italy: Points of Interest - Points of Interest Naples is beautifully situated at the base and on the slopes of the hills ...