Looking for a pie's nest (French). Looking for something you
are not likely to find. (See below.)
He is in the pie's nest
(French). In a fix, in great doubt, in a quandary. The pie places
her nest out of reach, and fortifies it with thorny sticks, leaving
only a small aperture just large enough to admit her body. She
generally sits with her head towards the hole, watching against
“Je m'en vay chercher un grand peut-estre. II est au nid de la
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Pie from Fact Monster:
- pie - pie pie, meat, fish, fowl, fruit, or vegetables baked with a crust of pastry, or pastry shells ...
- Pied Piper of Hamelin - Pied Piper of Hamelin Pied Piper of Hamelin, legendary figure of Hameln, Germany. He rid the town ...
- Monster's poll results: Thanksgiving Pie - Monster’s Poll Thanksgiving Pie Which pie would you most like to have at Thanksgiving? ...
- The Pied Piper - Biography of The Pied Piper, Flute-playing charmer of German folk tales
- Halloween Stats and Facts - Find statistics about how Halloween in the United States, including data on trick or treating, how much candy is sold, popular costumes and more