Armed at all points. “Armé de toutes pièces,” or “Armé
jusqu' aux dents.” “Armed at all points exactly cap-à-pie.
To stand on points.
On punctilios; delicacy of behaviour.
“This fellow doth not stand upon points.” —Shakespeare: Midsummer
Night's Dream, v. 1.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Points from Fact Monster:
- boiling point - boiling point boiling point, temperature at which a substance changes its state from liquid to gas. ...
- melting point - melting point melting point, temperatureat which a substance changes its state from solid to ...
- Focal Point - Focal Point The focal point is the part of the painting that catches your eye first. The focal ...
- Exclamation Point - Exclamation Point Terminates an emphatic or exclamatory sentence: Go home at once! You've got ...
- Point Four program - Point Four program Point Four program, U.S. foreign aid project aimed at providing technological ...