A Stock Exchange term, signifying the “North Staffordshire
Railway stock.” Of course, the word means “the potteries” (See Stock Exchange Slang.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Pots from Fact Monster:
- pot marigold - pot marigold: pot marigold: see calendula.
- Pol Pot - Pol Pot Pol Pot, 1925–98, Cambodian political leader, originally named Saloth Sar. ...
- Pol Pot - Biography of Pol Pot, Ruthless Cambodian communist leader of the 1970s
- calendula - calendula calendula , any species of the genus Calendula, Old World plants of the family Asteraceae ...
- The Khmer Rouge - Who Was Who in the Khmer Rouge Beyond Pol Pot and Ta Mok by Borgna Brunner In the two decades since ...