[Soter]. Ptolemy I. of Egypt was called Soter by
the Rhodians, because he compelled Demetrios to raise the siege of
Rhodes. (B.C. 367, 323-285.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Preserver from Fact Monster:
- canning - canning canning, process of hermetically sealing cooked food for future use. It is a preservation ...
- preserving - preserving: preserving: see canning.
- food preservation - food preservation food preservation, methods of preparing food so that it can be stored for future ...
- life preserver - life preserver life preserver, a personal flotation device (PFD) intended to keep the wearer ...
- Distinctive Destinations for 2009 - Find a list of 12 cities and towns across the United that are designated as distinctive places for Americans to visit by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.