Unerring as the dart of Procris. When Procris fled from
Cephalus out of shame, Diana gave her a dog that never failed to secure
its prey, and a dart which not only never missed aim, but which always
returned of its own accord to the shooter. (See Cephalus.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Procris from Fact Monster:
- Cephalus - Cephalus Cephalus , in Greek mythology, husband of Procris. The two swore eternal fidelity, but ...
- Procris - Procris: Procris: see Cephalus.
- Piero di Cosimo - Piero di Cosimo Piero di Cosimo , 1462–1521, Florentine painter, whose name was Piero di ...
- Encyclopedia: Folklore and Mythology - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Folklore and Mythology.
- Greek and Roman Mythology - Greek and Roman Mythology Most of the Greek deities were adopted by the Romans, although in many ...