(2 syl.) means shown by a thread. (Italian, profilo; Latin, filum, a thread.) A profile is an outline. In sculpture
or painting it means to give the contour or side-face.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Profile from Fact Monster:
- Astrological Profile - Astrological profile zodiac sign dates personality from Aries to Pisces.
- A Profile of the World - A Profile of the World Source: The World Factbook, 2008 Geography Age: 4.55 billion years old. ...
- PROFILES - Dinosaur fossils have been found all over the world, and more are being found all the time. Each time a new fossil is examined by a palaeontologist or
- Great Ape Profiles - Detailed information about the four great apes
- National Football League Team Profiles - NFL team profiles from Buffalo Bills to Seattle Seahawks|America's Favorite Pastime