Powder of projection, or the “Philosopher's Stone.” A powder
supposed to have the virtue of changing baser metals into gold or
silver. A little of this powder, being cast into molten metal of the
baser sort, was to project from it pure gold or silver.
Education may be called the true “powder of projection.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Projection from Fact Monster:
- Science Projects: What Makes a Good One? - What Makes A Good Science Project? Some advice from a science fair judge Source: U.S. Government, ...
- Project Runway - Learn about the show that is searching for the best new fashion designers
- Project Runway: Season One - Notable challenges included designing a dress from items in a supermarket and imagining fashion from the year 2050
- About Project Runway - Brief history and description of the Peabody Award winning show Project Runway
- Project Runway: Season Two - Designers in this season faced challenges involving making garments out of plants to creating a dress specifically for guest judge Iman