(The). Mahomet is so called. (570-632.)
The Koran says there have been 200,000 prophets, only six of whom
have brought new laws or dispensations; Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses,
Jesus, and Mahomet.
Joachim, Abbot of Fiore. (1130-1202.)
Prophet of the Syrians.
Ephraem Syrus (4th century). The Great Prophets. Isaiah,
Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and Daniel; so called because their writings are
more extensive than the prophecies of the other twelve.
or Lesser Prophets. Hose'a, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Micah,
Jonah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi; so
called because their writings are less extensive than those of the four
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Prophet from Fact Monster:
- prophet - prophet prophet [Gr.,=foreteller], a religious leader and spokesperson, particularly used in the ...
- Shawnee Prophet - Shawnee Prophet Shawnee Prophet, 1775?–1837?, Native North American of the Shawnee tribe; ...
- Delaware Prophet - Delaware Prophet Delaware Prophet , fl. 18th cent., Native American leader. His real name is not ...
- prophet: Bibliography - Bibliography See R. R. Wilson, Prophecy and Society in Ancient Israel (1980); D. E. Aune, Prophecy ...
- prophet: The Prophetic Tradition in the Ancient Middle East - The Prophetic Tradition in the Ancient Middle East Prophets are clearly evident in Mesopotamia from ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring