The Earl of Pembroke (1216).
Humphrey, Duke of Gloucester (1422-1447). Richard, Duke of
The Duke of Somerset (1548).
The Lord Protector of the Commonwealth. Oliver Cromwell (1653-1658).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Protector from Fact Monster:
- protectorate, in international law - protectorate protectorate, in international law, a relationship in which one state surrenders part ...
- Protectorate, in English history - Protectorate Protectorate, in English history, name given to the English government from 1653 to ...
- Oliver Cromwell: Lord Protector - Lord Protector In 1649, after the proclamation of the republican Commonwealth, Cromwell led a ...
- P - S - P - S palm A hand-held computer. PC Personal computer. Generally refers to computers running ...
- Ahikam - Ahikam Ahikam , in the Bible, protector of Jeremiah and the father of Gedaliah.