One of the party who adhered to Luther at the Reformation.
These Lutherans, in 1529, “protested” against the decree of Charles V.
of Germany, and appealed from the Diet of Spires to a general council.
A Protestant now means one of the Reformed Church.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Protestant from Fact Monster:
- The Million Mom March - Mothers Mobilize The "Million Mom March" on Mothers' Day, May 14th 2000 by Borgna ...
- The Northern Irish Conflict: A Chronology - Learn about the history of the conflict in Nothern Ireland and important dates and people involved in it.
- Protestantism - Protestantism Protestantism, form of Christian faith and practice that originated with the ...
- GLOBAL PROTEST - People who object to their government’s policies may gather together to protest. But many issues, such as DEBT and the ENVIRONMENT, affect people acro
- Notable Protestant Religious Leaders - Selected biographies of well-known Protestant Religious Leaders