(The). Otho IV., Emperor of Germany. (1175, 1209-1218.)
Tarquin II. of Rome. Superbus. (Reigned B.C. 535-510, died
The proud Duke.
Charles Seymour, Duke of Somerset. He would never suffer his
children to sit in his presence, and would never speak to his servants
except by signs. (Died 1748.)
Proud as Lucifer; proud as a peacock
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Proud from Fact Monster:
- Proud - Starring Ossie Davis, Stephen Rea, Darnell Williams, Denise Nicholas, Vernel Bagneris
- Henry the Proud - Henry the Proud Henry the Proud, c.1108–1139, duke of Bavaria (1126–38) and of Saxony ...
- Tarquin - Tarquin Tarquin [Etruscan,=lord], in Roman tradition, an Etruscan family that ruled Rome. According ...
- What does it mean? epicene - epicene Which of the following establishments would qualify as epicene? a.) Mane Event Unisex Hair ...
- Chatham, William Pitt, 1st earl of - Chatham, William Pitt, 1st earl of Chatham, William Pitt, 1st earl of , 1708–78, British ...