A Mons. Prud'homme. A man of experience and great prudence, of
estimable character and practical good sense. Your Mons. Prudhomme is
never a man of genius and originality, but what we in England should
term a “Quaker of the old school.”
The council of prud'hommes.
A council of arbiters to settle disputes between masters and
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Prudhomme from Fact Monster:
- René François Armand Sully-Prudhomme - Sully-Prudhomme, René François Armand Sully-Prudhomme, René François ...
- Henri Monnier - Monnier, Henri Monnier, Henri , 1799–1877, French lithographer and writer. His work became ...
- Parnassians - Parnassians Parnassians , group of 19th-century French poets, so called from their journal the ...
- Louisiana - Information on Louisiana — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Information Please: 1901 - 1901 Previous Year | Next Year World | U.S. | Economics | Sports | Entertainment | Science Year by ...