A sceptic. Pyrrho was the founder of the sceptical school of
philosophy. He was a native of Elis, in Peloponnesos.
Blessed be the day I'scaped the wrangling crew
From Pyrrho's maze and Epicurus' sty.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Pyrrho from Fact Monster:
- Pyrrho - Pyrrho Pyrrho , c.360–270 B.C., Greek philosopher, a native of Elis, regarded as the father ...
- Timon of Phlius - Timon of Phlius Timon of Phlius , c.320–c.230 B.C., Greek skeptic philosopher, chief disciple ...
- skepticism - skepticism skepticism [Gr.,=to reflect], philosophic position holding that the possibility of ...
- Encyclopedia: Philosophy: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Philosophy: Biographies.
- Notable Philosophers - Selected biographies of well-known Philosophers