Quantum sufficit. Two letters appended to prescriptions, and
meaning as much as is required to make the pills up. Thus, after giving
the drugs in minute proportions, the apothecary is told to “mix these
articles in liquorice q.s”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Q S from Fact Monster:
- N-Q - N-Q George Nakashima Nampeyo Crown Prince Naruhito Eliot Ness Benjamin Netanyahu Huey Newton Elvia ...
- N - Q - N - Q John Naber Bronko Nagurski James Naismith Joe Namath Ilie Nastase Martina Navratilova Cosmas ...
- Q fever - Q fever: Q fever: see rickettsia.
- Sir Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch - Quiller-Couch, Sir Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch, Sir Arthur Thomas , pseud. Q,. 1863–1944, ...
- Q, English author - Q: Q: see Quiller-Couch, Sir Arthur Thomas.