(Latin). Something which is not the real thing, but may be
accepted in its place; thus a
is not a real contract, but something which may be accepted as a
contract, and has the force of one.
The tenant of a house sub-let.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Quasi from Fact Monster:
- quasi-stellar object - quasi-stellar object: quasi-stellar object: see quasar.
- quasar - quasar quasar , one of a class of blue celestial objects having the appearance of stars when viewed ...
- Rheinsberg - Rheinsberg Rheinsberg , town, Potsdam dist., NE Germany. It is a tourist and manufacturing center. ...
- Madoc - Madoc Madoc or Madog(Madoc ap Owain Gwynedd), fl. 1170?, quasi-historical Welsh prince. According ...
- Camorra - Camorra Camorra , Italian secret criminal association in Naples. Of controversial origin, it first ...