To give a man the qui. When a man in the printing business has
had notice to quit, his fellow-workmen say they “have given him the
qui.” Here qui is the contraction of quietus (discharge). (See Quietus.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Qui from Fact Monster:
- Quy Nhon - Quy Nhon Quy Nhon or Qui Nhon, city (1989 est. pop. 201,972), SE Vietnam, on the South China Sea ...
- - Can't read file minnesota/lac-qui-parle-county/default.html
- anagram - anagram anagram [Gr.,=something read backward], rearrangement of the letters of a word or words to ...
- An International Guide to Animal Talk - An International Guide to Animal Talk Didn't you always suspect that animals spoke different ...
- Star Wars - Quizzes, movie reviews, and actors