A Welsh rabbit. Toasted cheese, or rather bread and cheese
toasted together. (Qy. “rare-bit.”)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Rabbit from Fact Monster:
- rabbit - rabbit rabbit, name for herbivorous mammals of the family Leporidae, which also includes the hare ...
- cottontail rabbit - cottontail rabbit cottontail rabbit, animal of the order Lagomorpha, which includes the hares and ...
- varying hare - varying hare varying hare, any of several medium-sized hares, sometimes known as snowshoe rabbits, ...
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit? - A seamless combination of live action and animation
- Easter Symbols and Traditions - Easter traditions and symbols including eggs, bunnies, and parades.