(The). The adviser, the person who redes or interferes.
Thus the proverb, “The redder gets aye the warst lick of the fray.”
Those that in quarrels interpose
Must wipe themselves a bloody nose.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Redder from Fact Monster:
- color index - color index color index, in astronomy, difference in an object's brightness as recorded between ...
- Doppler effect - Doppler effect Doppler effect, change in the wavelength (or frequency) of energy in the form of ...
- lynx - lynx lynx, name given to several related small, ferocious members of the cat family. All have small ...
- interstellar matter: Composition and Properties of Interstellar Matter - Composition and Properties of Interstellar Matter The interstellar gas, which constitutes about 99% ...
- BIG BANG - Astronomers believe that the Universe came into being about 13.7 billion years ago, in an explosion known as the Big Bang. In an instant, space and th