(The). That period in French history which began with the
Italian wars in the reign of Charles VIII. and closed with the reign of
Henri II. It was the intercourse with Italy, brought about by the
Italian war (1494-1557), which “regenerated” the arts and sciences in
France; but as everything was
Italianised- the language, dress, architecture, poetry, prose,
food, manners, etc.- it was a period of great false taste and national
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Renaissance Period from Fact Monster:
- oriel - oriel oriel , projecting or bay window in an upper story, supported on brackets, corbels, or an ...
- Time Tangled Island: Leonardo da Vinci - Time Tangled Island Leonardo da Vinci quiz and fast facts.|Factropica Fast Facts and quizzes
- pewter - pewter pewter, any of a number of ductile, silver-white alloys consisting principally of tin. The ...
- scene design and stage lighting: The Renaissance to the Seventeenth Century - The Renaissance to the Seventeenth Century The renaissance of scene design began in Italy. ...
- RENAISSANCE - One of the most creative periods in history occurred in Europe around 1350–1550. This cultural revival is known as the Renaissance (meaning “rebirth”)