The place to which you are to repair, a meeting, a place of muster
or call. Also used as a verb. (French, rendez, betake; vous, yourself.)
His house is a grand rendezvous of the élite of Paris. The
Imperial Guard was ordered to rendezvous in the Champs de Mars.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Rendezvous from Fact Monster:
- Bayou Macon - Macon, Bayou Macon, Bayou , c.145 mi (230 km) long, rising in SE Ark. and flowing S into NE La. to ...
- Tortuga - Tortuga Tortuga [Span.,=turtle], island, c.70 sq mi (180 sq km), off N Haiti. It was a notorious ...
- Nassau, city, Bahamas - Nassau Nassau , city (1990 pop. 172,196), capital of the Bahamas. A port on New Providence island, ...
- Ulithi - Ulithi Ulithi , atoll comprising 40 islets, 1.75 sq mi (4.53 sq km), W Pacific, in the W Caroline ...
- Alan Seeger - Seeger, Alan Seeger, Alan, 1888–1916, American poet, b. New York City, grad. Harvard, 1910. ...