(The). A contraction of residue- thus, resid', resit, res't.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Rest from Fact Monster:
- electricity: Properties of Charges at Rest - Properties of Charges at Rest Electrostatics is the study of charges, or charged bodies, at rest. ...
- note, in business - note note, in business: see promissory note.
- rest - rest rest, in music: see note.
- Merionethshire - Merionethshire Merionethshire , former county, NW Wales. In 1974 most of Merionethshire became part ...
- note, in music - note note, in musical notation, symbol placed on or between the lines of a staff to indicate the ...