or Rifle (French). Avoir rifle et rafle. To have
everything. Also, the negative, N'avoir ni rif ni raf (to have
Helas! j'ai goute miseraigne,
J'ai rifle et rafle, et roigne et taigne.
Les Miracles de Ste. Geneviène
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Rif from Fact Monster:
- Rif - Rif Rif or Rif Atlas,range of the Atlas Mts., NE Morocco, NW Africa, curving along the ...
- Atlas Mountains - Atlas Mountains Atlas Mountains, system of ranges and plateaus in NW Africa, extending c.1,500 mi ...
- Morocco - Map of Morocco & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters current events, and international relations.
- Abd el-Krim - Abd el-Krim Abd el-Krim , 1882?–1963, leader of the Rif tribes of Morocco, called in full ...
- Morocco, country, Africa: Land and People - Land and People Central Morocco consists largely of the Atlas Mts., which rise to 13,671 ft (4,167 ...