Miles in length. 2,578, the Nile, the longest river in Africa.
2,762, the Volga, the longest river in Europe. 3,314, the
Yang-tze-Kiang, the longest river in Asia. 3,716, the Mississippi,
the longest river in America.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Rivers from Fact Monster:
- river - river river, stream of water larger than a brook or creek. Land surfaces are never perfectly flat, ...
- Deerfield, river, United States - Deerfield Deerfield, river, 70 mi (113 km) long, rising in S Vt. and flowing S into NW Mass., then ...
- Gatineau, river, Canada - Gatineau Gatineau , river, c.240 mi (390 km) long, rising in the Laurentians, SW Que., Canada, and ...
- Arctic Red River - Arctic Red River Arctic Red River, c.310 mi (500 km) long, rising in the Mackenzie Mts. of W ...
- Samara, river, Russia - Samara Samara , river, c.360 mi (580 km) long, rising in the foothills of the S Urals, European ...