or Romance Languages. Those modern languages which are
the immediate offspring of Latin, as the Italian, Spanish, Portuguese,
and French. Early French is emphatically so called; hence Bouillett
says, “Le roman était universellement parlé en Gaule au dixième
Frankis speech is called Romance,
So say clerks and men of France.
Robert Le Brunn.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Romanic from Fact Monster:
- Romans - Romans Romans, letter of the New Testament, written by St. Paul, probably from Corinth before his ...
- Romance languages - Romance languages Romance languages, group of languages belonging to the Italic subfamily of the ...
- Roman religion - Roman religion Roman religion, the religious beliefs and practices of the people of ancient Rome. ...
- Roman roads - Roman roads Roman roads, ancient system of highways linking Rome with its most distant provinces. ...
- A History of the New Year - A move from March to January