We need no Romulus to account for Rome. We require no
hypothetical person to account for a plain fact.
Romulus and Remus were suckled by a wolf; Atalanta by a she-bear.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Romulus from Fact Monster:
- Romulus - Romulus Romulus , in Roman legend, founder of Rome. When Amulius usurped the throne of his brother ...
- Remus - Remus: Remus: see Romulus.
- Rhea Silvia - Rhea Silvia: Rhea Silvia: see Romulus.
- Quirinus - Quirinus Quirinus , in Roman religion, an early god, possibly of war. Worshiped originally by the ...
- Acca Larentia - Acca Larentia Acca Larentia or Acca Larentina, in Roman mythology, wife of the shepherd Faustulus ...