is by Richard Johnson, who lived in the reigns of Elizabeth and James I.
(1) St. George of England was seven years imprisoned by the Almidor, the black King of Morocco.
(2) St. Denys of France lived seven years in the form of a hart.
(3) St. James of Spain was seven years dumb out of love to a fair Jewess.
(4) St. Anthony of Italy, with the other champions, was enchanted into a deep sleep in the Black Castle, and was released by St. George's three sons, who quenched the seven lamps by water from the enchanted fountain.
(5) St. Andrew of Scotland, who delivered six ladies who had lived seven years under the form of white swans.
(6) St. Patrick of Ireland was immured in a cell where he scratched his grave with his own nails.
(7) St. David of Wales slept seven years in the enchanted garden of Ormandine, but was redeemed by St. George.