A log-hut. (Irish, sean, old: tig, house.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Shanty from Fact Monster:
- chantey - chantey chantey or shanty, work song with marked rhythm, particularly one sung by a group of ...
- shanty - shanty shanty, in music: see chantey.
- What does it mean? terra firma - terra firma After the long, grueling journey by sea, the sailors were elated to be on terra ...
- Gilberto Freyre - Freyre, Gilberto Freyre, Gilberto , 1900–1987, Brazilian sociologist and anthropologist, ...
- The Jungle Book 2 - Starring Phil Collins, Jim Cummings, John Goodman, Tony Jay, Bob Joles