Watched and followed as suspicious of mischief, as a
shepherd watches a wolf.
“Russian vessels of war are everywhere being carefully `shepherded'
by British ships, and it is easy to see that such a state of extreme
tension cannot be continued much longer without an actual outbreak.” —Newspaper leader, April 27th, 1885.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Shepherded from Fact Monster:
- Cybill Shepherd - Cybill Shepherd actress, producer Born: 2/18/1950 Birthplace: Memphis, Tennessee Television and ...
- KidVideos: German Shepherds - KidVid Video about German Shepherds by Enzoology.
- shepherd's-purse - shepherd's-purse shepherd's-purse, annual herb (Capsella bursa-pastoris) of the family ...
- Shepherd of Hermas - Hermas, Shepherd of Hermas, Shepherd of , Christian apocalyptic work, composed in Rome c.A.D. ...
- Frederick Shepherd Converse - Converse, Frederick Shepherd Converse, Frederick Shepherd , 1871–1940, American composer, b. ...