To talk shop. To talk about one's affairs or business, to
illustrate by one's business, as when Ollipod the apothecary talks of a
uniform with rhubarb-coloured facings.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Shop from Fact Monster:
- Best Shopping in U.S. Cities - Best Shopping in U.S. Cities In early 2007, Travelandleisure.com and CNN Headline News asked more ...
- closed shop and open shop - closed shop and open shop. closed shop and open shop. The term “closed shop” is used to ...
- open shop - open shop: open shop: see closed shop and open shop.
- shopping center - shopping center shopping center, a concentration of retail, service, and entertainment enterprises ...
- union shop - union shop: union shop: see closed shop and open shop.