(Indian). The destroyer who, with Brahma and Vishnu, forms the
divine trinity of the Brahmins. He has five heads, and is the emblem of
fire. His wife is Parvati or Parbutta (Sanscrit, auspicious).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Siva from Fact Monster:
- Siva - Siva: Siva: see Shiva.
- Sivas - Sivas Sivas , city (1990 pop. 219,122), capital of Sivas prov., central Turkey, on the Kizil Irmak. ...
- Cabira - Cabira: Cabira: see Sivas.
- Sebaste - Sebaste Sebaste or Sebastia:see Sivas.
- Yeşil Irmak - Yeşil Irmak Yeşil Irmak , anc. Iris, river, c.260 mi (418 km) long, rising NE of Sivas, ...