Château d'Espagne. (See Castle.)
Patron saint of Spain.
St. James the Greater, who is said to have preached the Gospel in
Spain, where what are called his “relics” are preserved.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Spain from Fact Monster:
- León, region and former kingdom, Spain - León León , historic region and former kingdom, NW Spain, E of Portugal and Galicia, ...
- Aragón - Aragón Aragón , region (1991 pop. 1,221,546), 18,382 sq mi (47,609 sq km), and former ...
- Tamaulipas - Tamaulipas Tamaulipas , state (1990 pop. 2,249,581), 30,734 sq mi (79,601 sq km), NE Mexico, on the ...
- Murcia, region and former kingdom, Spain - Murcia Murcia , autonomous region and former Moorish kingdom (1990 pop. 1,062,066), 4,370 sq mi ...
- Andalusia, region, Spain - Andalusia Andalusia , Span. Andalucía, autonomous region (1990 pop. 7,100,060), 33,675 sq mi ...