The social and political system of St. Simon. He proposed the
institution of a European parliament, to arbitrate in all matters
affecting Europe, and the establishment of a social hierarchy based on
capacity and labour. He was led to his “social system” by the
apparition of Charlemagne, which appeared to him one night in the
Luxembourg, where he was suffering a temporary imprisonment.
For other saints, see the names.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on St Simonism from Fact Monster:
- Cananaean - Cananaean Cananaean , epithet of St. Simon.
- Saint Jude - Jude, Saint Jude, Saint, or Saint Judas[Jude is an English form to distinguish him from Judas ...
- Jim Brown - Brown, Jim Brown, Jim, 1936–, American football player, b. St. Simon Island, Ga. A football ...
- Sea Islands - Sea Islands Sea Islands, chain of more than 100 low islands off the Atlantic coast of S.C., Ga., ...
- Iris Faircloth BLITCH - BLITCH, Iris Faircloth (1912—1993) BLITCH, Iris Faircloth, a Representative from Georgia; ...