is the Greek form of the Latin word manufacturer. The former
is cheir-ergein (to work with the hand), and the latter manu-facere (to do or make with the hand).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Surgeon from Fact Monster:
- Ben Carson - Biography of Ben Carson, Prominent children's neurosurgeon and motivational speaker
- College of Physicians and Surgeons - College of Physicians and Surgeons: College of Physicians and Surgeons: see Columbia Univ.
- United States Surgeon General - Surgeon General, United States Surgeon General, United States, former head of the U.S. Public ...
- Dr. Christiaan Barnard - Biography of Dr. Christiaan Barnard, The doctor who performed the first heart transplant
- Columbia University - Columbia University Columbia University, mainly in New York City; founded 1754 as King's ...