(3 syl.). A sect of Hussites in Bohemia. So called from the
fortress Tabor, about fifty miles from Prague, from which Nicholas von
Hussineez, one of the founders, expelled the Imperial army. They are
now incorporated with the Bohemian Brethren.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Taborites from Fact Monster:
- Taborites - Taborites: Taborites: see Hussites.
- Hussites - Hussites Hussites , followers of John Huss. After the burning of Huss (1415) and Jerome of Prague ...
- Hussites: The Utraquists and the Taborites - The Utraquists and the Taborites In 1419 the Hussite Wars began, and in their course the Hussite ...
- Tábor - Tábor Tábor , city (1991 pop. 36,342), S central Czech Republic, in Bohemia. The ...
- Hussite Wars - Hussite Wars Hussite Wars, series of conflicts in the 15th cent., caused by the rise of the ...