The Conference of Thorn met October, 1645, at Thorn, in
Prussia, to remove the difficulties which separate Christians into
sects. It was convoked by Ladislas IV. of Poland, but no good result
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Thorn from Fact Monster:
- Toruń - Toruń Toruń , Ger. Thorn, city (1993 est. pop. 201,700), capital (with Bydgoszcz) of ...
- Christ's-thorn - Christ's-thorn Christ's-thorn, name for several Old World plants popularly said to have ...
- Courtney Thorne-Smith - Courtney Thorne-Smith actress Born: 11/8/1968 Birthplace: San Francisco Thorne-Smith was one of the ...
- thorn, in botany - thorn thorn, sharp-pointed projection on some plants, usually protective in function. Botanically, ...
- Thorn, German name for Toruń, Poland - Thorn: Thorn: see Toruń, Poland.