(The). A name applied to The Times newspaper, in
allusion to an article by Captain Ed. Sterling, beginning thus:
“We thundered forth the other day an article on the subject of social
and political reform.” —The Times.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Thunderer from Fact Monster:
- thunder - thunder thunder, sound produced along a path of a lightning flash, caused by the rapid heating and ...
- Thunder Bay - Thunder Bay Thunder Bay, city (1991 pop. 113,946), SW Ont., Canada, on Thunder Bay inlet of Lake ...
- Science Questions - Science Questions What causes a rainbow? Although light looks colorless, it’s made up of many ...
- Fort William - Fort William: Fort William: see Thunder Bay, Ont., Canada.
- Analogy Quiz - (What is an analogy?) LIGHTNING : STORM :: _____ : airplane Hint hood thunder wing Word Quiz ...