That is, Thor's day. In French, Jeudi - i.e. Jove's day.
When three Thursdays meet.
Never (q.v.). In French, “Cela arrivera la semaine des
trois jeudis.” Maundy Thursday. (See Maundy Thursday.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Thursday from Fact Monster:
- Thursday - Thursday: Thursday: see week.
- week - week week, period of time shorter than the month, commonly seven days. The ancient Egyptians used a ...
- Holy Thursday - Holy Thursday: Holy Thursday: see Ascension.
- Maundy Thursday - Maundy Thursday Maundy Thursday [Lat. mandatum, word in the ceremony], traditional English name for ...
- Ascension, in Christianity - Ascension Ascension, name usually given to the departure of Jesus from earth as related in the ...