Wordsworth has a poem called Lines Composed a few Miles
above Tintern Abbey, but these lines have nothing whatever to do
with the famous ruin, not even once alluding to it.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Tintern Abbey from Fact Monster:
- Tintern Abbey - Tintern Abbey Tintern Abbey, ruins of an abbey, Monmouthshire, W. England, near Chepstow. It was ...
- William Wordsworth - Biography of William Wordsworth, The author of the poem "Tintern Abbey"
- William Wordsworth: Life and Works - Life and Works In 1791 he graduated from Cambridge and traveled abroad. While in France he fell in ...
- Encyclopedia: British and Irish History - Encyclopeadia articles concerning British and Irish History.
- April 7 Birthdays: William Wordsworth - April 7 birthdays: William Wordsworth, Gerhard Schröder, Ravi Shankar, Russell Crowe, Jackie Chan, Francis Ford Coppola, Billie Holiday