(Prince). Frederick, Prince of Wales, eldest son of
George II. Seward, a contemporary, tells us that Prince Frederick was a
great reader of French memoirs, and that he himself wrote memoirs of
his contemporaries under the pseudonym of “Prince Titi.”
There was a political fairy tale by St. Hyacinathe (1684-1740)
called the History of Prince Titi. Ralph also wrote a History
of Prince Titi. These histories are manifestly covert
reflections on George II. and his belongings.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Titi from Fact Monster:
- titi - titi: titi: see monkey.
- monkey - monkey monkey, any of a large and varied group of mammals of the primate order. The term monkey ...
- monkey: New World Monkeys - New World Monkeys The New World monkeys are found from S Mexico to central South America, except in ...
- Zoos of the World - Zoos of the World The first zoo in the U.S. opened in Philadelphia in 1859. Today, there are more ...
- Encyclopedia: Vertebrate Zoology - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Vertebrate Zoology.