Tomb of Our Lord
This spot is now covered by “The Church of the Holy Sepulchre.” A long marble slab is shown on the pavement as the tomb-stone. Where the Lord was anointed for His burial three large candlesticks stand covered with red velvet. The identity of the spot is doubtful.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894