Greek, odont'; Latin, dent'; Sanskrit, dant'; Gothic, tunth'; Anglo-Saxon, tóth, plural, téth.
Golden tooth. (See Golden.)
Teeth.) In spite of his teeth.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Tooth from Fact Monster:
- The Tooth - The Tooth Pearly Whites Did you know: Enamel is the hardest thing in the human body. We use our ...
- teeth - teeth teeth, hard, calcified structures embedded in the bone of the jaws of vertebrates that ...
- tooth - tooth: tooth: see teeth.
- tooth shell - tooth shell: tooth shell: see Mollusca.
- Mollusca - Mollusca Mollusca , taxonomic name for the one of the largest phyla of invertebrate animals ...