Upside down. (Anglo-Saxon, top side turn-aweg.) As
Shakespeare says, “Turn it topsy-turvy down.” (1 Henry IV., iv.
1.) (See Half-Seas Over.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Topsy-turvy from Fact Monster:
- Mike Leigh - Mike Leigh director, screenwriter Born: 2/20/1943 Birthplace: Salford, England As director and ...
- Mike Leigh - Biography of Mike Leigh, The filmmaker who did Secrets and Lies and Vera Drake
- Jim Broadbent - Jim Broadbent actor Born: 1949 Birthplace: Lincolnshire, England A versatile British character ...
- Ellen Pompeo - Biography of Ellen Pompeo, Dr. Meredith Grey on TV's Grey's Anatomy
- Hugo Chavez - Biography of Hugo Chavez, President of Venezuela, 1999-present