(A). A car which runs on a tramway (q.v.). Trams
in collieries were in use in the seventeenth century, but were not
introduced into our streets till 1868.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Tram from Fact Monster:
- ELECTRIC MOTORS - Electric motors make things move. They convert electrical power into mechanical power using electromagnetic attraction and repulsion. There are many k
- Current Government Officials: Cambodia - World > Heads of State Info Cambodia Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments ...
- silk: Silk Manufacturing - Silk Manufacturing In silk manufacture, the first operation is reeling. The cocoons, having been ...
- TRANSPORTATION - Many people live in one place, but work in another. At local supermarkets, people buy products from other countries. Modern transportation—the movemen
- Houston Landmarks - Find images and information about notable Houston landmarks, including the Holocaust Museum, Contemporary Arts Museum, the Museum of Fine Arts, and more.